Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ok...now for the Truth...and a little snow

Well, after all our posts expressing our opinions and beliefs, extremely healthy as it may be, this is what I read last night and man does it give me a peace and re-position my perspective....

Psalm 146
1 Praise the Lord!
Let all that I am praise the Lord. 2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God with my dying breath.
3 Don’t put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there. 4 When they breathe their last, they return to the earth, and all their plans die with them. 5 But joyful are those who have the God of Israel[a] as their helper, whose hope is in the Lord their God. 6 He made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. He keeps every promise forever. 7 He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry. The Lord frees the prisoners. 8 The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly. 9 The Lord protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows, but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.
10 The Lord will reign forever. He will be your God, O Jerusalem,[b] throughout the generations.
Praise the Lord!



Well, God brings blessings in all sorts of ways and the most recent was the cold breath of fresh air he blew on us the other day bringing a beautiful snow. It was perfect huge flakes just enough to play in! Here are some pictures from that....who would have thought these pictures could be from October. The picture above is of the 3 "punkins" cuddling on the couch which I just had to throw in.



Can you believe a winter wonder land? It was terrific! Addison just had to catch every snowflake on her tongue!





This is such a sweet rose









4 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Those are such cute pictures Heidi! Your children are so adorable I love them.
Thank you for posting the verse. After reading your last post and thinking about the election and just hearing everything that is out there I got to thinking..It is good to remember that our faith should not be in man or in a country but in God, he is the only thing that never changes, he is the only "party" we can stand with and never be harmed by. It is easy to get caught up in our beliefs about politics and lose sight that they don't really line up with our beliefs about God. As Christians we need to remember that the only real power out there is God.
I feel that If Jesus was around right now, he would point out that this election had nothing on Him and furthering his kingdom.
It's good to remember God's role in all this...He is God! Who can bring beautiful snow! And he will not leave us no matter what happens to this country!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

The snow was so awesome. We had fun playing in it as well. Well actually I did not play it but I took pictures from the doorway as Worth and BellaRose played. It was so cool. I will be having a snow blog too! Thanks for the verse.

Adam and Annie said...

I can't believe it has snowed down there! We had slight flurries this morning, but really nothing. I echo Becky, your kids are adorable! What sweet pictures.

Julie said...

Thanks for the reminder that our hope truly doesn't lie with men.

My kids were just as excited about the snow. The boys spent the entire morning outside "sledding". It was a nice break aside from all of the extra wet laundry they created.