Monday, September 01, 2008

New Memories in New England!










Well, we just came back from a great family trip to New Hampshire, Kennebunkport, Maine, Boston, and NYC. We went to Anthony and Kate Kings wedding in NH. It was beautiful, a great time to connect with family on the King side, and a wonderful reason to travel around New England and make some memories...that at least we won't forget. I have a bunch of pictures...here are just a few, but I will keep it short so you can see the pics. These don't even describe how beautiful the whole trip was, but they give you a glimpse. Richard is so great at capturing moments, so I had such a hard time leaving out so many great ones. (and for those who don't know...you can click on the pictures to see them enlarged).


I just thought this pic of Addie reminded me of some old time commercial for orange flavored seltzer or something. I just want to take a swig of her...she is just soooo cute...and sunny!

She met her cousin Kate for the first time from CA. They became great friends and we look forward to hanging out again.










This is the tree that grew a boy (doesn't it look like that). They had such fun at the wedding and rehearsal climbing in this tree.











Great moments with our Aunts who love us so much!














Dancing with daddy and Nana!

I love this picture...what a sweet face. This was in Kennebunkport, Maine. What a neat little Maine town right on the coast. We drove around looking at houses, the rocky coast, and even the Bush's estate. We also took in some great food and shopped a bit.





























A night in Boston. Nana and Papa came here with us and even kept the kids one night so we could walk around the city at night.














Cute street in Beacon Hill, Boston.




















Some other highlights: went to Basketball Hall of Fame, had dinner with Adam Combs and saw Annie in Boston, slept in our car at a campsite because there was no room in the Inn or any inn or hotel in Kennebunk, I ran 6 miles along the Charles River in downtown Boston (loved it), canoed down a river with the kids and saw a HUGE turtle, saw a brawl between a Red Sox fan and Yankee fan, staying in hotels (Addie and my favorite part), taking the train around Boston, IMAX, lots of laughs, getting lost but having fun anyways, and being a family having an adventure.

Check out Rye's new thing...he figured out how to suck his fingers while picking his nose...NICE!


We made one last stop to catch a Yankee's game against the Red Sox (one of the last in their old stadium). We also drove through Manhattan and Time Square at night which was such fun before heading back.






6 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Wow, what incredible pictures. The one of Addison on the bench in Maine truly looks like a card or something. And Heidi, you look so skinny....... Must be from all that running! I am glad you all had such a nice trip.
My kids miss their other "cousins" at the gym. Did I tell you that they asked if Ryland and Addison were their cousins one time?

Becky Swann said...

What a fun trip, you guys did so much! next time I'm packing myself into your suitcase! I love that you just "passed through" times square! Oh and great pictures too.
I'm so serious, I really wish I went on this trip!

Unknown said...

Wow, you guys are so fun. sounds like the perfect trip and so unique.
the pictures are great, richard is really good.
The nose picking and sucking is my favorite though, i mean, hello, talent.
so glad you got to enjoy some great family time.

Adam and Annie said...

I'm so glad I got to see you guys for a minute! I wish I could have gone to dinner too. Adam said he had a great time with you guys. I'm so glad I got to meet your little ones! It sounds like you guys did the tour of New England right. You've done things we still haven't done! Your pictures and your family are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

WOW! This all looks like so much fun! I'm a big fan of new england myself.. the weather is great too and it's so pretty in a unique way.

I love these pictures.. specially the one of Addison with the orange soda.. very cute!