Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bring on the rain!

Spring is just around the corner and we are brimming with excitement. A few days of warm weather has wet our appetite for the Spring...and apparently brought about some Spring showers...ok, maybe they could not be classified as "Spring Showers," but at least it is getting close!





I gave in today to the constant question, "Mom, I wanna go play in the rain! Mom, Mom, MOOOOOM!" I thought let's do it, let's just show these kiddos just how miserable that really is! Well, I was wrong...they had a blast, as did I watching them give in to all those things we get so used to squelching...splashing in the puddles, getting filthy, splashing their brother/sister...BRING IT ON, RAIN! Let it pour! We will celebrate the warm weather rain or shine. You can't rain on our parade...we will parade on...and love every minute of it. Ok, enough about the rain...back to SPRING!!!!!






Some of the joys that this Spring will bring...our very first vegetable and herb garden!!!, planting flowers, enjoying our back yard with my flagstone terrace I made last fall (come grill-out with us!) - it's not so even, but charming just the same!, Easter Eggs, sundresses (some to be sewn by yours truly!!! - another new adventure of mine), picnics, camping and hiking, trip to the beach...we are thinking Charleston somewhere, letting the kids play in the dirt barefoot...maybe even a new pet (Addison has been begging for one...maybe we will just start with a hermit crab!)! "These are just a few of my favorite things..." Oh, I can hardly sit still just thinking about all the fun things to do this Spring...HOPE is Springing anew! Ok, enough I know!

Let me just say "WE LOVE YOU, SPRING!"

We are blessed, life is full, and God is good...oh, so GOOD!

7 comments:

Julie said...

I just loved this post! I am so excited about spring too and we played in the rain yesterday as well.

Are you really making some dresses for Addison?! That is awesome! You blogging girls are so darn crafty and domestic. I just love it! I want to learn to smock......if it is easy...and not too time-consuming.

Come to kickboxing on Monday sometime! The boys would love to see your kids.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

that was awesome heidi! I was thinking about a spring time post as well. The phlox is starting to come out and that means spring is on the way. What wonderful news that is. i can't for you garden. it will be amazing. i also can't wait to see what you create by sewing.

Becky Swann said...

Yeah Heidi is bcak to blogging with such a cool post, I love those rain pictures, you have such a creative eye for things of beauty and you seem to embrace each season, just one of the many things I love about you!

Julie said...

Hey Hiedi,
They are doing the string of pearls class at Trinity again this spring. You should come. I am coming if only for the yummy food!

Anonymous said...

I love your rain pictures! So much fun indeed! Can I come join?

And I love that pot for your garden.. it's so simple yet classic!

Unknown said...

Great words, I'm excited now. I hadn't voiced my excitement, but you have inspired me.
Spring is right around the corner, I am watching people come out of the woodwork like crazy.
Love all your creative ideas.
And I want those cabinet knobs.

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

Oh my goodness! I am obsessed with that first picture of Addie and Ry in the rain puddles!!! You have captured such a moment!!!

Yeah for spring! (um I'm still waiting for it here..summer, summer, summer Love it!) I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun with the simple things!!! Rain puddles are the best and new beginnings are so exciting! Have fun with everything new...and then come play with us in Hawaii!

love and miss you!